Paranormal Eye Uk
Beaumanor Hall situated in the remote village of Woodhouse just outside Loughborough. Is reputed to be extremely haunted there have been many sightings of ghostly apparitions from a coachman who hung himself in the attic. to a female who has been seen wandering the upper floor from the main staircase, many believe that she is wife of William Perry Herrick. Poltergeist activity has been reported in the main dining room on the lower floor by staff members. Two female staff members reported a plate flying of a large table and smashing when nobody present. Dark shadows have been witnessed and reported in the cellars. The sound of Marching boots have been heard coming from empty rooms in the attic. The sound of scratching from unforeseen hands has been heard on the servants staircase. Will you be joining the Paranormal Eye team on this intense investigation ?
It`s no wonder that beaumanor hall has seen so much Paranormal activity over the last 20 years, This House was built in 1842 however two previous houses have stood in this spot since 1277. Wandering across the grounds and has also been seen on the main stairwell is a female spirit known as the grey lady. Many believe that this is the lady of the Manor ( Perry herrick). A recent account of activity was by a workman working in the attic where he fled leaving all his tools and refused to ever return. The attic has a very strange and suppressive feel to the point of making you feel as though you are being watched. Doors are often heard slamming shut on the upper levels of the main house, windows banging and disembodied voices. Elizabeth one of the servants who worked here is said to be heard whispering from one of the empty rooms in the old quarters. Home to the British Armed forces many believe that soldiers haunt the now blocked up tunnels leading from the house to the main village.
Beaumanor Hall has a rich and varied history. Built between 1842 and 1854 by architect William Railton for the Herrick family, it remained in their possession until World War II when the estate was requisitioned by the War Office. Throughout the war the Hall was used as a secret listening station to intercept encrypted enemy signals. The Hall was bought by Leicestershire County Council in 1974 for use as an education and conference centre.
William Perry Herrick (1794 – 1876) who built the present house in about 1850 was born in Wolverhampton in 1794. His father was Thomas Bainbrigge Herrick who was a barrister and his mother was Mary Perry daughter of James Perry of Eardisley Park. William spent his childhood in his family home Merridale House (now called Bantock House) in Wolverhampton. he went to Oxford and became a barrister. In 1832 his uncle who owned Beaumanor died and as he had no male heirs the property was inherited by William. He also inherited Earlisley Park in 1852 when his maternal uncle James Perry died. These properties and their associated landholdings made him a very wealthy man. He lived with his younger sister Mary Ann Herrick (1796-1871) at Beaumanor for many years. Mary Ann had inherited money from her mother in her own right and was known to be a great benefactor. An account of her generosity was contained in a book about Leicestershire. It stated:
William also gave generously to the Anglican Church. In 1872 he paid for the construction of St Marks Church in Leicester with some help from his sister.
In 1862 William married Sophia Christie (1831-1915) who was 37 years his junior and the daughter of Jonathan Henry Christie, a London barrister. The couple had no children. His sister Mary Ann who continued to live at Beaumanor died in 1871 and William died in 1876. He left all of his property to his wife Sophia and on her death to his relative Montagu Curzon.
Sophia managed the Beaumanor estate for the next 40 years and was well regarded by the tenants. She kept a fairly large number of household staff one of whom was Elizabeth Ellerbeck (1843 – 1919) the housekeeper who remained with her for over 30 years.
Sophia died in 1915 and Beaumanor was inherited by William’s relative William Montagu Curzon who took the additional surname of Herrick in 1915 when he became owner of Beaumanor
A guided partial history tour of all the areas, Working in small groups, participating in Ouija/spirit board sessions, Evo Sessions, Table tipping, seances and many other different techniques.
Please remember to bring your torch as this location has Cellars and Attic areas to investigate Please remember to wear suitable footwear as this location has a lot of stairs and very uneven floors.
This Location is not suitable for people with walking and mobility issues.
OVER 18`s ONLY
Beaumanor Hall Loughborough Ghost Hunts,
Ghost Hunt, Beaumanor Hall: Set in Woodhouse Eaves this stunning venue is tucked away along a regal driveway.
It has an impressive provenance and has taken years of investigating and research to get to the bottom of some of the activity and ancestors who once worked and lived here. It’s a big venue across 3 floors.
There have been numerous sightings and reported paranormal activity throughout the hall and estate.
Whilst visiting the site we experienced a female called Martha saying “Hello” in the cellars, a male presence following us in the attic, whistles have also been heard when no one is there. We have also experienced footsteps following groups along the corridors, doors opening on their own and unexplainable loud noises.
On the main stairs we have experienced the lady of the house and in King Richards room the presence of a gentleman with a family connection to Lady Jane Grey.
The cellars are very active with some poltergeist activityBeaumanor Hall has a rich and varied history. Built between 1842 and 1854 by architect William Railton for the Herrick family, it remained in their possession until World War II when the estate was requisitioned by the War Office.