Paranormal Eye Uk
Join the Paranormal Eye team at this truly haunted location, Spend the night in search of the many ghosts that do haunt here. The coach house is an secluded hidden cavern, this is home to a coffer that is said to date back to the early 1200`s. Many guests in this area feel extremely uneasy reports of strange swirls of lights and mists are often witnessed here along with what sound likes stones being thrown. The butlers parlor many are too afraid to venture into this area as dark shadows are often seen and reports of heavy footsteps coming from the above . The underground chambers are particularly active, many guests refuse to even enter these areas. Poltergeist activity has also been witnessed here.
Heavy footsteps and dragging noises are frequently heard above the Chapel , strange bright shooting white lights are common. The caves have reports of a tall dark shadow many refer to him as the hooded figure he has tremendous energy and does make his presence known.
Guy's Cliffe has been occupied since Saxon times and derives its name from the legendary Guy of Warwick. Guy is supposed to have retired to a hermitage on this site, this legend led to the founding of a chantry. The chantry was established in 1423 as the Chapel of St Mary Magdelene and the rock-carved stables and storehouses still remain. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII the site passed into private hands.
The current, ruined house dates from 1751 and was started by Samuel Greatheed, a West India merchant and Member of Parliament for Coventry 1747-1761.
The estate also comprised a mill, stables, kitchen garden and land as far as Blacklow Hill.
The house was used as a hospital during World War I and in the World War II became a school for evacuated children. Guy's Cliffe estate was broken up and sold in 1947. In 1952 the mill became a pub and restaurant and was named The Saxon Mill, the stables became a riding school, the kitchen garden became a nursery, all of which still exist today. A toll house also stood by the road to the north of the Saxon Mill, but this was demolished in the mid 20th century.
The new owner of the house intended to convert it into a hotel, but these plans came to nothing and the house fell into disrepair. In 1955 the house was purchased by Aldwyn Porter and the chapel leased to the Freemasons, establishing a connection with the Masons that remains today. The roof had fallen in by 1966. In 1992 during the filming of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes a fire scene got out of control and seriously damaged the building, leading to an insurance claim. English Heritage has given the building grade II listed status.
A guided partial history tour of all the areas, Working in small groups, participating in Ouija/spirit board sessions, Evp Sessions, Table tipping, seances and many other different techniques. Tea/coffee and light snacks throughout the evening.
Please remember to bring your torch as this location has caves and underground chambers. Please remember to wear suitable footwear as this location has a lot of stairs and very uneven floors.
This Location is not suitable for people with walking and mobility issues.
Warwick Ghost nights, Guys Cliffe Ghost Hunts, Guys Cliffe House Ghost Hunts, Ghostly happenings, Coventry ghost hunts, Warwick Ghost Hunts, Warwickshire Ghost hunts, paranormal nights, St Johns House Ghost Hunts