Guy`s Cliffe, Warwickshire, Ghost Hunt, Saturday 30th November 2019
8pm till 2.00am Only £40.00 per person
8pm till 2.00am Only £40.00 per person
The Many Ghosts of Guys Cliffe House
Guys Cliffe is a location that never disappoints on previous ghost hunts, Many guests have experienced a dark overpowering presence in the cloisters Cave, stones being thrown in Guys cave, Tables have moved voilotely in the under chapel, the coach house a young male by the name of Jacob has certainly made himself known by tugging on guests clothes and sometimes even grabbing guests. The wine cellar a young lady has been heard in distress on many occasions, Strange unexplained flashing of lights has been experienced in the upper and lower masonic chapels. The basement hall and under passage trigger objects move by unforeseen hands, Loud heavy footsteps are often heard along with growls in the distance. Are you ready to enter this truly hidden old former mansion and become a real ghost hunter for the night ?
History of Guys Cliffe House
Guy's Cliffe has been occupied since Saxon times and derives its name from the legendary Guy of Warwick. Guy is supposed to have retired to a hermitage on this site, this legend led to the founding of a chantry. The chantry was established in 1423 as the Chapel of St Mary Magdalene and the rock-carved stables and storehouses still remain. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII the site passed into private hands.
The current, ruined house dates from 1751 and was started by Samuel Greatheed, a West India merchant and Member of Parliament for Coventry 1747-1761.
The estate also comprised a mill, stables, kitchen garden and land as far as Blacklow Hill.
The house was used as a hospital during World War I and in the World War II became a school for evacuated children. Guy's Cliffe estate was broken up and sold in 1947. In 1952 the mill became a pub and restaurant and was named The Saxon Mill, the stables became a riding school, the kitchen garden became a nursery, all of which still exist today. A toll house also stood by the road to the north of the Saxon Mill, but this was demolished in the mid 20th century.
The new owner of the house intended to convert it into a hotel, but these plans came to nothing and the house fell into disrepair. In 1955 the house was purchased by Aldwyn Porter and the chapel leased to the Freemasons, establishing a connection with the Masons that remains today. The roof had fallen in by 1966. In 1992 during the filming of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes a fire scene got out of control and seriously damaged the building, leading to an insurance claim. English Heritage has given the building grade II listed status.
This Event Includes
A guided partial history tour of all the areas, Working in small groups, participating in Ouija/spirit board sessions, Evp Sessions, Table tipping, seances and many other different techniques. Tea/coffee a nd light snacks. Please remember to bring your torch as this location has caves and underground chambers. Please remember to wear suitable footwear as this location has a lot of stairs and very uneven floors.
This Location is not suitable for people with walking and mobility issues.
OVER 18`s ONLY
PLEASE NOTE OVER 18`s ONLY, ALL PLACES ARE NON REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE ONCE BOOKED
Directions to Guy's Cliffe House
- Ghost Hunts Across the UK With Paranormal Eye UK
- Ghost Hunts in abandoned and derelict Buildings Paranormal Eye UK
- Ghost hunts in haunted Buildings Paranormal Eye UK
- Ghosthunting UK With Paranormal Eye UK
- Haunted Castles and Museums with Paranormal Eye UK
- Paranormal nights with Paranormal Eye UK
- Haunted Warwickshire, Ghost hunts, Paranormal, Ghost hunts uk, Midlands, Warwick, Guys Cliffe House, Haunted Evenings, Paranormal events, haunted houses, overnight ghost hunts, haunted places, ghost hunting UK, paranormal nights, haunted mansions, New Years eve, Warwickshire, Haunted Mansions, Ghost Hunts, Ghost hunter Tours, Ghost Tours, Warwick Castle, Warwickshire Ghost Hunts, Paranormal Nights Warwicksire, West Midlands, Leamington Spa, Leicestershire, Kenilworth Castle, Old Milverton hall, East Midlands, Coventry Ghost hunters, Coventry ghost tours, Stratford Upon Avon Ghost Hunts, Paranormal Eye Uk Ghost Hunts, 2018 Ghost Hunts, haunted Weekends, Paranormal castles, Saxon Mill haunted, Guys Cliffe Haunted, Guys Cliffe ghost hunts, Become a real ghost hunter, St Johns Mansion Warwick haunted.