Moot Hall, Bedfordshire Ghost Hunt, Saturday 25th May 2019
 7pm till Midnight Only £39.00 Per Person 

This 600 year old building has a well-deserved reputation for unexplained happenings and so it attracts paranormal investigators from all over the world
Moot Hall Situated in Elstow Bedfordshire, this superb 15th Century timber framed old building is steeped in history. Situated on the Village green, in a historicial village. This location is like walking back in time with its stunning period furniture. 

 Ghost hunts here at Moot Hall can be extremely intense with many strange disembodied voices are heard comin from within the 17th Century Kitchen. The Upper floor has had many reports of a woman dressed in period clothing peering out the windows. Wooden doors have been heard unlocked, Heavy footsteps and sudden drastic cold spots are known to this location. Can you brave the night inside this eerie old haunted location ? 

ONLY 15 GUESTS IN TOTAL AT THIS HAUNTED LOCATION 


The Ghosts of Moot Hall 

This old timber framed building is known to the locals as being extremely haunted, many occastions there have been reports of men and women standing at the windows within the upper floors peeing out, when the building is in total darkness and totally locked up. Thomas Cox a very cheeky and naughty school is said to be the one who causes most of the poltegeist activity, from tugging on your clothes to unlocking large bolts on wooden doors and turning doors handles. Disembodied voices are also a very common thing report here. Can you face your fears and enter this truly haunted and spooky Moot Hall ? 

 

History of Moot Hall

  Elstow village is best known as the birthplace of the 17th century preacher and author John Bunyan. But Elstow's history stretches back many hundreds of years before Bunyan's birth. Evidence of a burial ground and the discovery of the base of a carved Saxon Cross show that there was an early Saxon settlement here. But all the buildings which make up the village of today were built following the establishment, in 1078, of Elstow Abbey. A Benedictine nunnery, Elstow Abbey existed for 452 years, growing to become the 3rd largest in Britain. By the 16th century, there were plans for it to become a cathedral - the present-day Abbey church, whilst still impressive, is less than half the length it was in the 14th century. In the early 12th century, the Abbey was granted a charter by Henry I, permitting the nuns to hold an annual fair, from 2nd to the 5th May. These were not like modern day fairs, but were commercial events, where all sorts of products, livestock, clothes food etc., would have been sold. Elstow fair was large, occupying not just the village green but several of the adjacent fields. The Abbey gained a considerable income from these fairs; they charged rents for stalls and booths, levied tolls for entry and probably also had its own stalls where the nuns sold produce from the Abbey. As the Abbey grew, cottages to house tradesmen and other lay workers were built and also several inns, to house the many visitors to the Abbey and its fairs. Many of these properties were owned by, and probably built on the instruction of, the Abbess. The Abbey owned numerous other properties in Bedfordshire, as well as in 10 other counties and the rental from these formed a substantial part of the Abbey's annual income. Perhaps the Abbey's most unusual building project was The Green House (The Moot Hall's former name). This was designed to be a market-house and built in the late 15th century, possibly by the Abbey's carpenter, William Arnold. Construction of such a substantial building demonstrates scale of the fairs and their importance to the Abbey. The ground floor of this building was divided into bays, used as shop booths and for storing stalls and other equipment for the fairs. The upstairs was used for the "court of pie powder" - for the hearing of disputes arising at the fairs, examining merchant's credentials and testing weights and measures. Elstow's Manor Court sessions were also held in this upstairs room. In 1554, Thomas Bonyon (John Bunyan's great, great Grandfather) was a member of the "homage" (presiding jury) when his wife was fined 1 penny for 'breaking the assize of ale'. She also appears on nearly all of this court's subsequent records for committing further offences involving the sale of ale or bread! Two years after the 1539 Dissolution Act, the green and Abbey were leased to Edmund Harvey, whose daughter, Isabel, subsequently married Sir Humphrey Radcliffe. In 1553, Edward V gave Radcliffe the former Abbey's estate with all its manorial rights. Sir Humphrey died just 13 years later. In 1616, his son Edward sold the estate to Sir Thomas Hillersden, who built a grand manor house, named Elstow Place, incorporating walls from the former inner cloister.

 

This Event Includes 

A Guided Partial History Tour Working in small groups, participating in Ouija/spirit board sessions, Evp Sessions, Table tipping, seances and many other different techniques. Tea/coffee and light snacks throughout the evening. 

Please remember to wear suitable footwear as this location involves alot of walking 

This Location is not suitable for people with walking and mobility issues.  

OVER 18`s ONLY 

Get Directions To Moot Hall

Moot Hall Church End, Elstow, Bedford MK42 9XT

Bedfordshire Ghost Hunts, Moot Hall Ghost Hunts, Milton Keynes Ghost hunts, Paranormal nights bedfordshire, Overnight ghost hunts, Elstow Haunted Nights, Ghost Tours, Elstow, Bedfordshire Paranormal, Haunted Places Bedford, Bedford Ghost Hunts, Overnight Paranormal Investigations, Haunted Halls, Spooky Nights, Ghost Hunts Near me, Halloween Ghost Hunts 

Google Analytics Alternative